Spring is expanding its service and product lines and is looking for an individual to spearhead business development and sales in the Mid-Sized Employee Benefits Market. Qualified individuals must have a proven track record selling employee benefits and/or insurance products and services to medium sized commercial clients. The optimal candidate would procure leads, makes sales presentations, provide consultative analysis, and negotiate the appropriate terms on employee benefits products and services. There are career progression opportunities with this position to develop a mid-market team of professionals based on revenue growth. This position is based in Boston, MA.
- Proven history of personal sales performance and drive
- Strong leadership skills and a proven track record of managing teams
- Strong knowledge of employee benefit products and services, the insurance marketplace and industry trends including funding methodologies and analytics
- Experience in working with mid-sized businesses and an understanding of the defining characteristics and pain points of employers in those markets
- Ability to work independently and travel 40% – 50% of the time
- Professional, high energy, proactive and self- motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Strong experience with Human Capital Management and Benefit Administration Software and the ability to present and sell them.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience with Salesforce
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience
- Life/Accident/Health License required. P&C, 63 and 66 a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Sales management experience a plus
- Existing book of business a plus
Please note, the responsibilities associated with this job may change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs. An individual may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities.