Director of Mid-Market Insurance Brokerage Sales
Occupational Category: 41-3021.00 Insurance Sales Agents
Description: Spring Consulting Group
is expanding its service and product lines and is looking for an individual to spearhead business development and sales in the Mid-Sized Employee Benefits Market. Qualified individuals must have a proven track record selling employee benefits and insurance products and services to medium sized commercial clients.
The optimal candidate would identify leads, makes sales presentations, provide consultative analysis, and negotiate the appropriate terms on employee benefits products and services. There are career progression opportunities with this position to develop a mid-market team of professionals based on revenue growth. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking for a fast-paced, start-up environment in the insurance industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Proven history of personal sales performance and drive
- Experience in working with mid-sized businesses and an understanding of the defining characteristics and pain points of employers in those markets
- Experience with Human Capital Management Systems and Benefit Administration Software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience with Salesforce or a similar CRM
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience
- Strong leadership skills and a proven track record of managing teams
- Strong knowledge of employee benefit products and services, the insurance marketplace and industry trends including funding methodologies and analytics
- Ability to work independently and travel throughout New England 40% – 50% of the time
- Professional, high energy, proactive and self- motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Massachusetts Life/Accident/Health License required. P&C, 63 and 66 a plus
Life at Spring
Spring is a place where innovation and collaboration are encouraged and embraced. We bring the seasoned professionalism of our industry-leading consultants together with youthful excitement and curiosity in an environment where everyone has a seat at the table, as well as a voice. An open door policy and group collaboration are the rule at Spring where hierarchy is more operational than functional.
Everything at Spring starts with a whiteboard, markers and open minds. We don’t templatize our work, but instead engage in in-depth team discussions to tackle each and every client challenge individually.
We bring a contemporary flare to the traditional worlds of insurance, finance and actuarial. Our keen understanding of technology and the possibilities it offers allows us to identify ways in which we can creatively disrupt the industry to give our clients a decided advantage. These creative thinking skills apply not only to our business challenges but to our culture as well.
We work very hard to not only get the job done well, but also to support each other and foster an environment that is almost as comfortable as our homes. While we stress work-life balance, we recognize the commitment our team makes in doing their job daily and we make a point to invest in their happiness and success.
Spring is a great place for team members to embrace their skills and, with guidance, determine their future. We encourage our team to work across service lines and disciplines so they can identify exactly where their interests lie. Our team members can look forward to upward mobility, as hard work is rewarded and professional development is provided.
If interested in this position, please fill out the form below.
Date Posted: 2017-21-6
Please note, the responsibilities associated with this job may change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs. An individual may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities.